Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How do you cut?

Do you cut using an electronic cutting machine?
             Or do you cut paper by hand?
                   Either way works when you use papers from Robin's Nest!



I used the Sizzix eclips to cut out an svg file to create this Apple Treat Box for a friend who has been in  and out of the hospital.  The Glitter Letters Paper give the plaid a funky edge.
This box is a nice size for a couple of snacks!





The base of this treat box was made using Glitter Black Paws paper. 
A little sparkle really make the black interesting. 
Dew drops add a little detail in hidden places.


Winter Retreat dew drops along with glitter add a bit of pizzaz to the project!


But...if you don't have a fancy cutting machine, you'll have fun with basic folds and scissors.



This box card has a belly band to keep the box closed.
(Okay, admittedly, I used another cutting file for that apple. But you could use a nestie or stamp or hand cut shape as well!)

Stop the presses:  After I created this project, I realized that I should have used 
pretend that you see them on this project! A rule of thumb...Know your stuff!  






Open and unbanded view.
I used Fleur Olive Green Paper for the outside of this box.  
The inside stripes are the reverse side of the Fleur paper!
Ooh lala!

Red Flat plaid for this apple!



Additional view. 
I used Dew Dew Glue to adhere the Winter Retreat Dew Drops.
What would you tuck into this pocket?
Tags, gum, a bracelet, moola?



The base is formed using a scorpal and scissors!
The Glitter Blacks Paws paper was used for the base.
More Winter's Retreat Dewdrops for embellishment.



Dreamy details.
I love the sparkle on the stem!

Either way....cutting machine or manual scissors...
A few cuts on Robin's Nest papers and you'll have a sweet gift set 
to share with your friends!




 

4 comments:

Rachel said...

These projects are darling! And I really loved your explanations ;)

Clare D. said...

I cut my TRN with a Cricut or a Cameo. The glitter chipboard cuts like a dream with a deep cut blade and housing on the Cricut!

Marília Lopes said...

Soooo cute!!!

Robin said...

I love this box, such a cute way to use this "boarding school" card stock!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...