Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy, Content, Relaxed

Hello Robin's Nest readers,

I apologize for missing last week.  We were visiting Dana's mother,  and I totally forgot to post.  We had a great time with Grandma, she is gray and ashen, but she still laughs and jokes when she can.  Her kidneys have quit working and we know it won't be long before she is gone.  Our visit was short but fun to see her, and she was awake most the time while we were there.  Dana's sister is her caretaker and says that is unusual for her to be awake for so long.  We are indebted to Dana's sister for such a great service taking care of her mom.

Jes our youngest daughter came to Idaho too, she brought a friend who took these wonderful photos of grandma.  Jes is in the second photo with grandma.

We satute grandma for all the good she has done in her life. 

Jes and Grandma

Now onto less personal things.  I just love putting different styles of papers together to create a page.  I absolutely love the fleur di lys and over the years have incorporated it in our product line on a regular basis.This fun layout has a fleur on it and the leopard print as well.  I traditionally am not a  lover of purple, but wanted to do something fun with the border ant print.  I stamped on the edges
and in the middle of the page with Close to my Heart swirl stamps.


Black and grey and purple work well together in this layout.  I have to say,  I don't do very many
page layout with just me, I prefer to do grandkids, kids, and vacations. 
But this is just a fun way to use unusual papers together and still look so fun. 
It says - Happy, Content, Relaxed 
That is how I invision myself on good days!  I really am happy and content, life couldn't get better!  Rachel will probably say I'm not that relaxed, but on the day I did this page, I must have been, HA.  None the less, I love life, hope you do too.

Have a great day, and enjoy the last of August, the kids back to school, and just life in general.  And.... Don't forget to send in your version of the page challenge!  We want to see your wonderful work, and to give a gift to the winner!
Ciao,

Robin
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Those pics of grandma are super cute! And so is your layout!

Terri Sproul said...

sending lot of love..

Robin said...

Thanks!

Marília Lopes said...

Oh she looks so sweet!
How I wish I had a grandma!!
Loved the paper color, beautiful layout!!

Barbara Rankin said...

Love the pics of grandma. You page layout is so very ethereal and lovely. I agree, life is good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...