Thursday, August 9, 2012

Festive Friday #15 - "Oh Christmas Tree!"


 Hi Everyone,
     Michelle here with another Festive Friday card to get you in the 'mood' for Christmas!
This month I thought you might like to make this fun and easy Christmas Tree!
Basically you cut the "tree" paper to double the size of your card. Then you fold this in half width wise. Make a dot at the center fold.
Make measure marks at the bottom 1/2" at a time, starting from the center out.
Then trim the card to the shape below. Connect the 1/2" dots to the center mark.
 Using a paper trimmer and a score tool, crease your lines. Fold along the scored lines like a accordion. You'll want the end flaps to fold under the tree onto the card.
I layered the background papers with foam tape. Then I adhered the tree down with super tacky glue and added the gold star with 2 layers of foam tape.

Lastly I added the metallic blue dew drops, which I used because they reminded me of a 50's string of lights!
Materials used:








Don't forget to visit the rest of the designers for more great card idea's!
~ Michelle Frae Cummings

7 comments:

Camille Short said...

Love the tree - just perfect!

Cheryl LIndsay said...

Very nice and your directions are wonderful..I wish I had them the last time I made a Tree.

Rachel said...

Very cute card! Great directions for the tree!

Maria Soto said...

I love trees, and this is jut gorgeous!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

thanks!

Robin said...

Very cute Michelle. Love the tree!

Marília Lopes said...

Love the tree and great tutorial!
Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...