Sunday, August 26, 2012

Envelopes, Stickers and Memories!

Hi everyone!  It's Danie here today!  I am not a huge fan of stickers but I am really loving the ones from the Robin's Nest and I can't wait to get my hands on more, as they have such a wonderful range of themes to suit everyone.

Today I want to share with you a little Mini Album I made for some photos of one of recent holidays we took with our good friends using the Vintage Sticker Set by The Robin's Nest which is pictured below.



I created my Album out of six envelopes (tutorials for which you will find easily on the internet), and ended up with an Album which fits in the palm of my hand and has 12 pages plus the front and back cover and it could have had 7 pockets also (the beauty of creating with envelopes) but I chose to seal some of these up.



  

Once I had my album made from the envelopes. I used pieces of the Ancient Map, Creme Awning and the Reverse side of the Glitter Mocha Trail Papers from the Robin's Nest which I thought went perfectly with the Vintage Theme of the stickers.  For My Front and Back Cover I used the Ancient Map Paper. I then decorated my cover using some Travel related Stamps and the Postage Stamp and Oval Air Mail Stickers from the Set along with some of Brown Dew Drops from the Mens Collection. I used Brown Ink for all my stamping and to distress the edges.


Remember I said I sealed some of my pockets up.  I attached a button to the front cover by threading twine through the cover and button holes.  I sealed the pocket behind the front cover to keep my button in place and to hide the twine I had threaded through.  To the centre of my back cover pocket I added one end of a length of twine before sealing it.  By wrapping the length of twine from the back cover around the button on the front cover it easily holds my album shut.

Taking the other elements from the Stickers Set I stuck these all onto a piece of thin cardstock and cut these out.  I have used the Large Tag shaped sticker as a Tag, by adding some coordinating twine and stamping a Travel related quote.  I then stuck this onto the first page of my Album.



Before sealing the pocket created by this next album page's envelopes I placed just inside it the 'The Trip' Tab Sticker to create a Page Tab.   


The button shaped stickers are really my favorite element of these Sticker Sets.  I have used them to look like they are holding my photos in place and by using them throughout my album they tie all the pages together keeping the theme flowing.



I sealed all bar one of the pockets up in my album.  The one left alone is home to an additional tag I had in my stash.  The front of my tag simply says Remember this, and on the back I have written a few details, about the when and where of our trip. I now have a simple reminder of the wonderful holiday we shared with  our friends using my favorite photos.




So I have continued using the stickers and stamping throughout my album.  I even cut one of the buttons in half to create another Page Tab.  My last page I leaved blank to write some further memories of this time away.

I have wrapped some plain twine in and out and around each page and then tied small pieces of the more decorative twine to this.





It not only adds some interest but also covers up the join of my papers used to cover my album pages as well as taking away the starkness of the white spine as seen from the outside of the album.

I really loved making this quick and easy album using some envelopes and the stickers and papers from The Robin's Nest, I just know that I will be making more of these mini Albums.

Have a great week!

Danie xx

10 comments:

Doreen said...

Your album is gorgeous,love all the details.xxx

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

This soo beautiful Danie!! Great job! All of the details are combined perfectly!

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Wow wow wow I love this! What a fantastic mini album. So much time and effort has gone into this. Such a fantastic idea.... I really want to try making one of these!

Keep up the amazing work that is very inspirational to new and old crafters.

Hugs Lisa xxxx

Terri Sproul said...

cute book. thanks so much.

Linda said...

WOW Danie, this is amazing and looks fantastic. Loving all the different pockets and you can see that a lot of love has gone into making this.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate M said...

What a fabulous project - it's great!!
Kate
xx

Zoe said...

Danie this is gorgeous! Like you I'm not a fan of stickers etc, but these don't look like stickers and you've made a beautiful job of this album xxx

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

simply gorgeous emma xx

Robin said...

I love mini books, this is fantastic!

Hank hendricks said...

Like the Gift Card envelopes and all the details you shared.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...