Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thinking Christmas in July and all that Glitters

Hi everyone, it's Danie here again.  I was thinking Christmas for my post today, given this month there have been so many online card challenges with a Christmas in July Theme.  So I thought I would share a couple of cards with you using the fabulous Classic Glittered Swirl Papers from The Robin's Nest. Because after all what is Christmas without a little Glitter?


And speaking of challenges, have you entered the current Page Map Challenge?  All the details for the challenge can be found here for your chance to win $25 to spend at The Robin's Nest Store.  This would be a perfect way to kick start your Christmas card making.


For my cards  today I am using Glitter Gold on Creme Swirl, Glitter Silver on Creme Swirl and the Red Glitter Swirl Cardstock and I am teaming these up with the Black and Chilli Cardstock from the New Hot Flame Line.  



Firstly  a quick and simple card using the glittered papers as a feature.   I have used them to mat my stamped sentiment and I have punched out different size circles in the different colors to use as christmas ornaments on my card.  The sentiment and ornaments are popped up so that your cord/ribbon can sit underneath both.




Taking the idea of punched ornaments to the next level, for this next card I have used an actual ornament punch and have stamped a tree branch to hang my ornaments from.  Adding a touch of extra color to my stamped image with my markers and some sponging.  I have also used a piece of  the glitter card stock as the background of this card and double matted my image which helps define it more.




My chosen colors of these glitter papers and cardstock, make great backgrounds for black and white vintage images such as this one.  A coordinating ribbon and a bit of bling (Silver dewdrops of course) finish this quickly and nicely.




For my last card I have layered two different glittered papers for the background and added a touch of color to my black and white image by inking the edges and coloring in the tree and adding some glitter to the ornaments on the tree.  For a finishing touch I have made a flower from some punched pieces of the glittered papers and used a dew drop as the flower center.

So there you have it! Four Cards showing three ways to incorporate a little glitter into your Christmas Card Making by using it as a Feature, a Background or a Embellishment! 

Other Robin's Nest Items used on the above cards:
Silver Dew Drops from the Mocha Trail Collection


Other Items used for the above cards:
Aged Mahogany Distress Ink, 
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Marina Mist Ink from Stampin' Up!
Stampin' Write Markers by Stampin' Up!
Many Merry Messages Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
Christmas Bough Stamps by Unity
Christmas Ornament Punch by Stampin' Up!
13/4 Inch and 1 Inch Circle Punches
Old Fashioned Christmas 2 Collage Sheet by Designs Galore
Various Ribbon's from my stash
Double Sided Tape
Mounting Foam Tape
Viva Decor Gold Glitter Liner Pen

Have a great week!

Danie xx










16 comments:

Rachel said...

I love your cards! I have been trying to slowly get ready for Christmas! I think I can afford it if I start now ;)

Barbara Rankin said...

Love your glitzy Christmas cards. They are lovely and make me want to start making them now.

Wendy said...

Beautiful cards!!

brooke. said...

Great job! Love glitter.

Zoe said...

Absolutely stunning selection of cards, love the images and the traditional colours xxx

Doreen said...

Love your cards Danni,just gorgeous.xxx

Kay Dalton said...

great selection of cards hun x

jane stillman said...

A lovely collection of cards

Joan Macdonald said...

Fabulous Christmas cards and are very traditional

Joan x

Kate M said...

A great collection of glitsy cards
Kate
xxir sgingde

Danie May said...

Thank you everyone! Your lovely comments mean a lot! xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Unique and pretty creations :-) Elaine-xxx-

Linda said...

WOW Danie these are all gorgeous! I love them all and the variety is brilliant.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Robin said...

Nice! great variety of cards.

Celia Harrington said...

Great christmas cards a nice selection xxxxxxxx

Kathryn said...

Fabby just fabby lovely vintage feel to them xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...