Thursday, July 19, 2012

Patriotic Cottage Mini-Book!

 I have had this mini book cottage kit forever! The packaging made it seem larger than it ended up being, which is why I never got around to making it before. This chipboard kit is by Crafty Secrets. So cute!
 I began by staining one side of the house with red ink,
 and the other side with pale blue ink. This gave me a base to work with.
Then I just traced and cut from The Robins Nest line to make this adorable cottage!
I found that cutting the pieces at the seam of the book, made it easier to bend the cottage walls inside and out. I pretty much made this book reversible! :)
I added lots of vintage trim including hand dyed silk seam binding for the closure.

Foam tape helped make some pieces stand out as well as some sparkly glitter glue.
The following ( Robins Nest) materials were used to create this Patriotic Cottage mini-book:
Glitter America Words
Glitter Fireworks
Lady Liberty
Glitter Star Border
Glitter Die Cuts Fireworks
USA Stickers
Ruby Red Diamond drops
Red Dew drops
Solid White Dew drops
Metallic Silver Dew drops

Thanks for coming by, I hope you like my creation for This week!
Don't forget to enter your layout for this months Page Map Challenge.
You could win a $25 gift certificate to The Robins Nest!
~ Michelle Frae Cummings

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Super cute!! I love this little book, and you made it your own ;) great job Michelle!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Thanks!

Wendy said...

Absolutely adorable Michelle!

Claire Newcombe said...

THis is absolutely brilliant and so novel.I havn't seen this type of design before and beautifully decorated.

Well done,
Claire

Barbara Rankin said...

What a cute little book. Love how you decorated it with the Robin's Nest papers and embellishments.

Danie May said...

This is super cute Michelle, I love it! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...