Thursday, July 26, 2012

Festive Friday #14 - "Joy"

 Thank you for coming by for another Festive Friday blog hop! This week I focused on a Romantic Holiday card. 
The card background is Red Glitter chipboard.  Next I cut to shape and border punched the back side of Palm Tree border.  - and distressed the edges with sand paper.
I secured a piece of vintage trim to the card and adhered it to the chipboard. Then I made up some felt roses, adhered them in place and enhanced them with silver glitter glue.
I used a red ink applicator to evenly color this embossed Damask black and white paper. Then I cut them out and double layered the whole on with foam tape.  I wanted to create a ornament/ chandelier feel. The Silver Bells Dew Drops really completed the look I was going for!

I wrote "Joy" with a silver metallic permanent marker and went over that with silver glitter glue.
Thanks for coming by!  I hope I've helped inspire you for the Holidays even though it's only July. :)
Please visit the rest of the ladies on the hop by clicking the links below. Then if you have time, Check out our current Page Map Challenge here. The Robins Nest is giving away one $25 GC to their on line store!


11 comments:

Cheryl LIndsay said...

How Great and thank you for sharing you instructions with us!!

Camille Short said...

Love the use of the embossed image as a "chandalier."

Rachel said...

Very cool card! I love your damask use too ;)

Terri Sproul said...

like this idea...

Barbara Moore said...

Wow, really nice! Love the roses!

Decorables said...

very different!

Crafting With Blue said...

love your poping up of things. your cards cute.

Lyneen said...

Another great Chattering Robin's Christmas Card!!!! TFS!

Maria Soto said...

very creative! love the dimension on your card!

Cyn said...

Neat idea!

Barbara Rankin said...

What a nice card. I love how you cut out the paper and made such a wonderful embellishment. It is amazing what we are able to do with just a piece of paper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...