Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Gift Card Holder to go Wild About!

Hi Everyone!  It's Danie (Danielle) here with my very first post for The Robin's Nest.  I am a Clean and Simple Girl at heart, so today I wanted to share with you a really quick and simple gift box and set of cards you can make in less than an hour using the fabulously fun Animal Print Papers from The Robin's Nest.




You will find Glittered Animal Print papers in the Wild About You, Zimbabwa and Calgary Stampede Collections over at The Robin's Nest Store.





To create this set of gift cards I have teamed the Glitter Brown Animal Print Paper and some Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest with some Chocolate and some white cardstock along with some fun animal stamps from Stampin' Up!  I have simply stamped these with black ink on the white cardstock. I made my card bases to fit into this Mini Magazine Holder by cutting my chocolate and white cardstock into 12.5 x 8.75cm (5 x 3 inches) when size pieces when flat.  When folded the are 6.25 x 8.75cm (2.5 x 3 inches), or ATC Size. 


You can buy Note Cards Envelopes which fit this size card with room to spare.  The ones I have used measure 10.1 x 7.1cm and I purchased these from my local stationery store.


I have put my very CAS cards together by layering some of the Glittered Animal Print Paper under the images and finished with a few Dew Drops for a bit of color and sparkle.  The Men's Dew Drops go perfectly with these papers.
  

So were you able to guess by looking at the photos that my gift box is actually a Mini Magazine Holder.  I made some of these a few years back and it has proven to be one of the most viewed posts on my blog so I thought I would share the instructions to make this with you today, as I have never shared them before.




INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE A MINI MAGAZINE HOLDER



Start with a piece of cardstock 20.5cm x 17.5cm


Working across the width score at 7cm and 10.5cm then rotate the cardstock to work across the length and score 8cm in from the left side and 4.5cm in from the right hand side.  


Taking your paper cutter cut in along the score lines you have just created to the first score lines you made across the width of the cardstock do not cut pass this score line.  Repeat on both sides.


Your piece of cardstock should now look like this.  After cutting these lines, the smaller section will become the bottom.  Along the top edge of the cardstock mark in with a dot 3.5cm from each side.



Again taking your paper cutter, from the dot you have just marked cut on the diagonal across to the bottom side of the top section.

  

Now with the center section, score a line in from each side at 2.5cm


You are ready to start assembling, apply tape along the score line you just created and outer edge of the centre section.  Folding up the bottom section towards the centre, the piece you just applied tape to will go over the bottom and hold it in place as shown.  Repeat on the other side.



The top section now folds in towards the centre to create the back side and high side of our magazine holder.
So apply tape along the bottom and approx to the height of the centre section as shown.  


You now have a mini magazine holder which you can decorate as desired.



This Mini Magazine Holder really is a cute way to give a set of gift cards, and you will find it is also perfect to hold a mini album instead of the cards to give as a gift.  I love them because you can decorate them however you like and coordinate them to suit your cards or other included gift ideas.

Here's a peek at another set I created using the Glitter Black and White Paws Paper also from the Zimbabwa Collection and some cute Pun Fun Stamps.  I again have stamped in black on white cardstock but this time have colored one element of each image with red and used Red Diamond Dew Drops to accentuate.






I hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

Danie xx

9 comments:

TRACEY O said...

Fantastic project Danie. love it!

Linda said...

Great project Danie and lovely instructions too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jane stillman said...

Wow! a fabulous project, thanks for the tutorial x

Rachel said...

You created such a cute project!! I love it! And fabulous tutorial too!! I want to make both sets!!

Marília Lopes said...

Great tutorila Danie!!
Thanks

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Great instructions!

Barbara Rankin said...

This is so cute, Danie. I love the mini magazine holder, and thanks for the tutorial.

Waseem said...

I can do that...I will give it Gift Card envelopes my own pattern.

plastic cards printing said...

What a Beautiful card both outside and inside. Well Done. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...