Thursday, June 28, 2012

School Years Shadow Box

 As soon as I saw this McGuffey 6 compartment shadow box  I knew it would be perfect for making a School years shadow box for Dyllan!  This is the box. It measures 10" X 12" and the inside squares measure just about 3 1/2" X 4 1/2".
What is supremley fabulous about this box is that unlike others out there, you are able to unscrew the back off! 
This makes crafting with it 100% easier. I painted the frame of the box a pretty bright green, these are Dyllan's School colors.
I also painted the inside back green as well.
 Once the paint was dry, I added little accordian mini books for each year. I put each school year photo on the front.
 I attached simple curling ribbon from the back of the mini book and then glued the whole thing down in place with tacky glue.
 Each section is ready for all his years at his elementary school!
The following products from The Robins nest were used:
Apple Die Cuts - for inside some of the mini books.
Glitter Pine Trees, but I used the back side which is "Just for Boys stripe",
Fleur Blue, Silver Bells dew drops and Fiesta mix diamond drops.

Thanks for coming by, I hope you will go visit The McGuffey web site for more fun!
-Michelle Frae Cummings

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great idea! I love how the pic folds out for more pics! Stunning Michelle!

Danie May said...

I love the idea of holding accordian books for each year of school. A fabulous project which I am sure will be treasured in the coming years. Fabulously Done! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...