as a product swap. I am really Printers Tray addict. So to get another tray to alter, and this time with Robin's Nest products, was a real pleasure.
As you can see, it was made to use. We have a little Robin's Nest chalkboard here and we can write with a chalk (when I get some!). Then there are those small Robin's Nest clips on a string to keep some small notes.
A small calendar was added on the left, May was first as all other month are gone, but is can be replaced to the new calendar when we need it. And finally I made this small notebook (with a birdie on it) using Bind-It-All , again I need to find a small pen to fit the spot.
The bare wooden tray from McGuffey Woodworking was painted with a mix of teal and brown acrylics and I added a bit of crackled paint too for this vintage look.
Then I used Glitter Writing and Classified cardstock to cover all 6 inside boxes. I also inked the white Classified cardstock with a bit of Tea Die Distress ink to fit the colors. Then I added some Viva and Family rub - ons all over the cardstocks.
I die cut a lot of Tim Holtz dies from Brown on Brown Rope glitter cardstock: the bird cage, the clock, gears and glued them inside.
I also decided to add some glittery pinks and Princess Border strips were just perfect. The same strip was used to make a folded big flower and 2 more were made with another dies from the background paper, layered, one with some lace inside and inked a bit.
I made a small notebook using the same Glitter Writing cardstock backside and added a die cut bird - it comes from the same bird cage die and I just embellished it with a pink Regency mini dew drop eye. The small Euro clippie was added on the right to make the opening easy.
I also embellished the bird cage with pink mini dew drops from Regency set. The border hinge die cut on the lower left was embellished with Gold Dew Drops from Mocha Trail set .
I added the chalkboard on the left top corner, made a string from Robin's Nest twine and clipped those Regency clips. Then I filled 2 small glass bottles with Parisian and Regency mini dew drops (kind of a waste, but so lovely). Last, but not a least, some Robin's Nest ribbons were added : the Red velvet and B- wild cotton ball white and the printed twine on the lower left spot.
Some charms and vintage buttons were added as my flower centers and one big bow over the notebook.
I really like the final result and hope you like it too.
See you next time with another Robin's Nest project.