Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Embellished Tray

I began this project with a tray from McGuffey Woodworking. These trays are unique because the back piece is held in place with screws so you can easily position papers in the tray. I removed the back piece and painted the tray frame with Krylon Metallic Chrome spray paint. When the paint dried I spritzed it with Cosmic Pink Smooch Spritz and Jasmine Shimmering Mist by Luminart.

With the tray back removed I used it as a guide to cut Robin's Nest Veranda Embrace/Stripe cardstock. I positioned the paper so the Embracing Life sentiment spanned the middle two sections of the tray.

I used the same paper for the petals and leaves of the large marigold and the rolled roses. I cut these on my Zing electronic cutting machine.



I made the embellishments from molds using Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Casting Resin. The bird, key, and keyhole were gilded using USArtQuest's Duo Adhesive and Gildenglitz. The angel wing, crown, flower, dragonfly, and leaf were colored by dusting the molds with mica pigments before pouring the resin. The cherub and tiny hand were colored by adding dye to the liquid resin before pouring into the molds. The lotus embellishment was painted with Duo Adhesive and covered with ultrafine glitter.


The finish touches were Robin's Nest Dew Drops from the Men's and Fairy Dust collections.

You can see more projects on my Create & Craft blog.




Carole

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Beautiful Carole!! I love it!

Wendy said...

Really pretty!

Clare D. said...

Fabulous flowers!

Barbara Rankin said...

That is a beautiful tray, Carole. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...