Monday, June 25, 2012

All Good Things Must Come To An End



As those who bid a final farewell to set sail 100 years ago this month for the maiden voyage of the Titanic, I will be saying farewell to The Robin's Nest.  This comes with mixed emotions as I have loved being a part of the team and the company, but am also looking forward to working towards a goal I have set for myself next year. 

Last year, my family had the pleasure of being able to see one of the fabulous travelling exhibits from the Titanic.  It was fascinating to see some of the items that have been salvaged, but eerie to think that some of the items belonged to people who were lost that tragic day.  Due to the condition of those items and in trying to preserve them there was no photography allowed in the exhibit.  I was, however, able to take pictures of some of the advertisements for it that were put up around the museum so I took these photos to remember our day by.  One is of a mural that was painted on the wall and the other is the stairs that led up to the entrance of the exhibit that had been decorated like you were boarding the ship. 

This month The Robin's Nest Design Team partnered with McGuffey Woodworking in using this great 6 opening wood tray and I had the idea to make a shadow box from the momentos we had from the exhibit. 

After painting the entire tray, I used a sheet of the Seashore paper from The Robin's Nest cut into 6 pieces which measured the size of each tray section and added the smaller photos inside.  I glued a small piece of the Brown Fish Net to the top of one section after cutting it to give it a tattered look.  I used the Water Logged Rub On to add the waves, the seashell on the left photo and the compass.  Then, I glued the dew drops on the center of the compass, on the shelves where the sections meet and to the corners of the boarding pass (which was my ticket into the museum that I made a smaller copy of for my project) on the right side using the Winter Retreat Dew Drops which matched the colors of my shadow box.  I glued some small shells that I had purchased from the museum gift shop as another momento of the day. 

Thank you to The Robin's Nest for the time I have had here and thank you to all of the followers who have left comments.  They have always been greatly appreciated.  If you would like to  continue to see my work and what I'm up to next please be sure to stop by my blog and join me on my next adventure! 

~Peg

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Sorry to hear you are moving on from this blog, but it sounds like you are ready for new things. Onward and upward! All the best and I hope you reach your goal! Love your Titanic shadow box, a great way to preserve the memories. I saw the exhibit a few years back in Las Vegas and it was amazing. I did take a lot of pics but did not use my flash. A lot of them game out fantastic! What got to me was the outside deck. It was dark and set at the temperature that it was the night the ship went down ~ very cold. And the shoes, they looked so sad. I have a pic of me where I am standing on the reproduction of the grand staircase, pretty neat. Good luck Peg, I know I will be in touch with you through Facebook. Hugs, Joanne:)

Rachel said...

Peg! You are fabulous! I will miss you... Here... We will make sure we keep in touch!

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

Hi Peg!
is very sad to leave a team, but by hand is very good to follow new paths! I want you to succeed in all the ways to solve tread!
Hugs

Barbara Rankin said...

Beautiful tray, Peg. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...