Monday, May 7, 2012

Time To Tell



It's time to tell what the project is that has had me so excited about the last several days.  It's a clock!  The Robin's Nest Design Team has partnered up with Want2Scrap to use some of the fabulous chipboard pieces they carry.  I received the 12x12 Decorative Chipboard Sheet and thought it would make a fun clock so I set right to work.  Of course, not everything cooperated as I want to start by spray painting the chipboard sheet and it decided it was going to rain all week long.  It finally stopped and I quickly painted it.  I, also, painted 2 small wooden blocks and the Shamrock Chipboard Embellishments I had received from Want2Scrap. 


I adhered a piece of Stencil Green Plum Paper from The Robin's Nest to one side of the chipboard sheet using Mod Podge. After it had dried, I cut around the edges using a craft knife.  The Stencil Green Plum is on the back of the Glitter Copper Butterflies Paper which is shown in the picture. 



Then, I found centers of all of my pieces and marked them. 

 I used all 4 Shamrocks stacked together for the project. 

After marking them, my wonderful husband drilled the holes through each piece for me. I started with the backside of the clock and adhered the wood block and then placed the clock works which I purchased from my local craft store through the hole.



I turned it over and placed a piece of double sided tape in between each Shamrock to hold them and adhered them to the chipboard sheet which had the clock works placed through the hole. 





At this point I assembled the clock works. I had to play around with them a bit to make them work with the face of my clock.  After I had this done, I decided that I wanted the clock to have some sparkle so I went back and used some Sparkle Modge Podge to add some shine and seal the clock face (the Stencil Green Plum Paper) and to the Shamrocks.  Then, I left it to dry. 

Once it was dry, I added the pre-purchased numbers and  used The Robin's Nest Red Dew Drops from the Red/Gold Silver (dd131)  and the White Fiesta (dd175) Dew Drops to represent the rest of the numbers on the face of the clock.  

I put a battery in, set it to the correct time and now have a fun and beautiful handmade clock for my craft area. 



5 comments:

Rachel said...

Very cool clock!!

Rachel said...

Very cool clock!!

Karen said...

Wow, never thought of making a custom clock with chipboard! Great idea! TFS

artistamyjo said...

Great clock and a great idea!
Hugs

Robin said...

Pretty darn cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...