Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cherry Pie Mini Album

I’ve created this mini-album using Robin’s Nest papers and embellishments and chipboard from Want2Scrap. I started with W2S’s 12x12 Decorative Sheet Style B Chipboard—a scalloped edge circle. I used a craft knife to cut the chipboard circle into pie-shaped wedges. I used Robin’s Nest Fat Brick Plaid and Valentine Strip paper to cover the front side of each segment. Valentine Strip is a double-sided paper with a solid ash rose colored reverse. I painted the back side of each segment with red Tulip Metallic paint.

Now, the part I love the best—embellishing the album pages!! The cover flower was made using Robin’s Nest Red Flowers kit. I layered three petal sheets, pierced the center and attached a decorative brad. Next, I made cuts from the outer edge of the flower to the outer edge of the brad. This made lots of individual, daisy-like petals. I gently pulled the petals against a scissor blade to add curl. I layered the flower over an unidentified double leaf from my stash.





The second page was embellished with embellished with half a red glitter flower, a red twine bow, and a Robin’s Nest rub-on. The letters on this page and the next that spell Cherry Pie are stick-on bronze glitter letters, also from Robin’s Nest.

The cherry on page 3 was made from the center of the red glitter flower. The leaf is another one from my stash. The cherry stem was cut from vinyl. The rub-on and red pearl Dew Drops are also Robin’s Nest embellishments. The sentiment tag is housed in a pocket on the reverse side of this page. The lettering on the tag was done using my Zing electronic cutter. I just replaced the blade and holder with a Pilot roller ball pen. The Make-the-Cut software that drives the Zing makes it easy to add word and titles using the fonts on my computer.

The red glitter flower on Page 4 was made from the same Red Flower kit. I cut between two petal and used a stylus to gently curl each petal downward. Then, I rolled the petals around each other, forming a flower. I intermittently glued along the base as I rolled. The finished roll was firmly pressed into a Zots glue dot, which also adheres the flower to the page. Other embellishments on this page include Robin’s Nest rub-ons, Dew Drops outlining the top scallops and glittered side edges.


Of course, none of my mini-albums are complete without lots of ribbon tied on the ring. 


You can see more of my projects on my Create & Craft blog.
Carole
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...