Thursday, April 19, 2012

Life is Good - Shadow Box

 I'm in the process of spring cleaning my art studio and in my quest to purge, I did not see this box lid as merely a "lid", I saw it as a decorated "Shadow box"!
 To make this, I used the following from The Robins Nest:
Glitter Gold Creme Swirl, Calamity Jane Roses, Glitter Write, The striped side of Cowboy Cardstock, Brown RopePink Glitter Chipboard,
 Princess Chipboard, Viva Rub-on, Silver Bells dew drops,
Hydrangea dew drops,  Sea Glass tear dropsSilver Journal cards, a paper doily.
You will want to use precision scissors to detail cut the glitter write paper to fit your lid. Same with the journal tag, doily and any other details you want to add. I used a butterfly punch for the pink glitter chipboard. For the layering effect, bits of foam tape add dimension. I put the Fleur rub on onto a bit of paper, cut it out with precision scissors and then used foam tape to place it at the top of the lid. Silver bells dew drops gave it the "chandelier" look.
I hope you like my creation!
I bet you won't be looking at your box lids the same again! :)
~ Michelle Frae Cummings

4 comments:

Rachel said...

You have out done yourself again Michelle! Very cute!

Riet said...

This is so gorgeous.

Hugs Riet.xx

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Thanks! :)

Irit Shalom said...

So lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...