Thursday, April 12, 2012

Festive Friday Blog Hop- #7

Hi Everyone!
Time for another Festive Friday blog hop!
I hope you like this vintage inspired card creation I made for today.
I created this card by tracing the stamped Santa image onto the backside of Glitter Writing.
Then I drew scallops and cut it out. I traced the scalloped shape onto the back side of Brown Rope and then cut that out as a oval. Next I used my paper trimmer to cut (3) 1 1/2" x 12" of Classified card stock.
I used my favorite border punch to make the scalloped edge design. This also became a template for folding to make my rosette. I tinted the edges of the rosette and stamped image with brown ink, then I colored in Santa's cheeks and berries with a q-tip rubbed along a dark pink ink pad. I used a watercolor brush and some green ink to color the leaves. I assembled everything in order and adhered it to a  4"x6" Red Rope card. Lastly I accented the stamped image and the brown rope paper with gold glitter glue.
I think it's one of my favorite Christmas cards so far. What do you think?
Please take some time to visit the rest of the participants in this round of Festive Friday blog hop.
Thanks for coming by!
~ Michelle Frae Cummings



5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this card! All the dimensions are wonderful!

Cheryl LIndsay said...

Very interesting ideas..TFS!

Maria Soto "Chuy" said...

pretty and different! great job!

Barbara Rankin said...

Love the vintage style. Very pretty card.

Cyn said...

This is really lovely! That image you used is just great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...