Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Elegant Card with Matching Presentation Box

I love bling and shine and glitter—and I got to combine them all with this project! The materials that I started with were Robin's Nest Gold Fleur-de-li cardstock, Goldenberry Dew Drops, Daughter Mini Dew Drops, and chipboard embellishments from Want2Scrap.

I started by coating the chipboard crown and flourishes with a thin coat of Duo Adhesive by USArtQuest. This special adhesive dries clear and tacky enough for gilding and glitter applications. Here are the crown midway through the gilding process and the flourishes coated with adhesive awaiting glitter.

I used a precut black greeting card base and added a mat from the Gold Fleur-de-li cardstock. After gilding the crown I used a variety of Dew Drops for the gems on it. I used a quick drying liquid adhesive to attach the Want2Scrap chipboard pieces to the front of the card.


I made a matching presentation box from the same Gold Fleur-de-li cardstock and embellished the lid with a glittered chipboard flourish.

Visit my blog on the Create & Craft site to see more of my projects.

Carole

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this box! I would use this...

kristi said...

super cool Carole! Great job

Robin said...

Beautiful!

Irit Shalom said...

Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...