Saturday, April 21, 2012

Clovers, Dew Drops and Butterflies-Card by Erika Taylor

The grass is finally starting to turn green here and after so many months of brown or white, I'm looking forward to Spring.

Hello everyone, Erika Taylor here today to share with you a card I created using Family Glitter Getaway card stock, Glitter Clover Border paper, leaf Stripe card stock and Glitter Black and White Swirl paper. First I used the Glitter Clover Border paper for the background and started adding my layers to that. I distressed some of the edges for a little more texture. I also used a fair amount of In Love in Italy Dewdrops on the card.


To create the flower, I punched out 3 daisies from the Glitter Black and White Swirl paper and colored them using Tattered Angels Glimmer mist.Once dry, I twirled the edges and added a brad and a few more dew drops.


To finish the card I added a small fussy cut butterfly, rub-on, tag and Stickles. The contrast between the browns, greens and orange is just perfect. Here is the finished card for you.



Thank you so much for stopping by today. Make sure you pop in tomorrow for our Earth Day Blog Hop. There are some mind blowing projects the Robins Nest Design team have created. Until next time

Toodles
Erika Taylor

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Super cute card!! I love the flowers! Nice effect!

Sandie Edwards said...

Gorgeous, those dew drops are something I must 'add' to my stash... beautiful creation!

Robin said...

Very nice card Erika, love the explosion effect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...