Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Trio of St. Patrick’s Day Cards

Who doesn’t love St. Patrick’s Day?! Such a festive holiday. And Robin’s Nest has some gorgeous papers and embellishments that are just perfect for creating your own unique greeting cards. For my first cards I teamed Robin’s Nest supplies with the versatile CraftGeek Autumn punch from Purple Cows. I began by building layers of color on a white 5″ x 7″ card base—black layer is 4.5″ x 6.5″; silver metallic layers is 4″ x’6″; Robin’s Nest Green Glitter Chipboard is 3/5″ x 5.5″. The white punched mat is the same size as the green glitter cardstock. Next, I added the two bands of satin ribbon. The green glitter mat in the center measures 1.75″ square. I used my Zing electronic cutter to cut the small white mat and the green glitter shamrock. The last step was adhering the Robin’s Nest Champagne Dew Drops to the punched mat.

Green Glitter Card

For the second card I layered a 5″ x 7″ corner of Robin’s Nest Glitter Wedding Swirl paper to a white 5″ x 7″ card base. I like the way using just a corner of the page allows the borders to create a nature area for the greeting. I accented the glittered swirls with Goldenberry Dew Drops. The greeting was stamped in green and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Golden Swirl Card

The third card also pairs the great Robin’s Nest papers with the Solstice CraftGeek punch from Purple Cows. I started with a white 5″ x 7″ card base. I used a corner rounder on opposing corners and used bronze ink to stippled a border on the card base and ink the edges. I used a 4.5″ x 6.5″ piece of Robin’s Nest Spring Green Watercolor for the background paper. For the banner I used Brilliant Brown Glitter Chipboard with punched corners. The sentiment and edges of the sentiment layers were inked with the same bronze ink as the card base. I also used the corner rounder on opposing corners of the banner and sentiment layer. I embellished the lower section of the card using two sizes of Men’s Dew Drops.

Spring Green CardNow, I just need to get these cards in the mail so they arrive in time for St. Patrick’s Day!! You can see more of my projects on the Create & Craft blog.

Carole


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Awesome cards Carole!!

Amanda said...

Beautiful cards Carole!

Robin said...

Very Nice Carole!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...