Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Summer Scrapbook Layout

Hello and welcome to my Robin's Nest post. It's barely spring but I'm yearning for much warmer weather :o) I pulled out some of the summer pool fun photos and had a great time creating this very layered scrapbook layout.



ROBIN'S NEST SUPPLIES:
Teal Stamp card stock
Daisy Stripe card Stock
Glitter Wedding Swirl card Stock
Teal Woven Mesh
Glitter Chipboard: Teal, yellow and gold
Blue Glitter Card Stock Letters: Classic
Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drops: yellow ones

Other Supplies:
gold embossed card stock, Star Punches (3 sizes), Teal Color Wash (Ranger Ink) Circle punches (2 sizes and traced a CD as large circle template) Embellie Gellie (ScraPerfect)

I used this sketch as my inspiration for the layout but changed a few things. I "liked" it on Pinterest.com it belongs to Susan Springfellow at sketchsaavy.blogspot.com

Tip 1: Add color to embossed papers with ink or color washes. I tinted the Glitter Wedding Swirl card Stock with teal color wash so it would compliment this layout.

Tip 2: I cut the Daisy Stripe paper nearly in half and turned the second piece 90 degrees to create a side and bottom border.

Tip 3: Use Embellie Gellie to pick up and accurately place small embellishments such as the Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drops.



Thank you for stopping by. I challenge you to use this sketch to inspire you to create a fun layout too. Please visit often and become a follower for more project ideas and inspiration.

Scrap on!
Becky

2 comments:

Rachel said...

All of the textures are wonderful here! Great job Becky!

Clare D. said...

The blues in the papers and the photos are so fabulous! Love the sketch too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...