Monday, March 26, 2012

Exercising The Right To Vote


I was sitting on the floor the other night looking through all of the wonderful Robin's Nest papers I have deciding what my next project would be and listening to my son talk about getting to vote for the first time in the primaries that were coming up in a few days.  As I looked through the papers I found this fun flag paper and embellishments and knew that my project would have to be a layout of my son voting for his first time.  We are lucky to have the polling place right across the street from our house so I was able to take a picture of the sign outside of the building.  After my husband and I had voted we were talking to some of the polling officials and they even said it would have been ok for me to take pictures of our son casting his vote...wish I would have know that sooner to bring the camera, but oh well.  I love how this layout turned out anyways. Since the Robin's Nest Design Team and Purple Cows teamed up together this month, I used the new Purple Cows Roll It Pattern Stamp Brayer with the star roller to do the background behind the "Vote Here" sign.  I love the new Purple Cows tools!  They are so much fun! 

Robin's Nest Products Used: 

Furling Flag Paper
USA Stickers
Hillside Mini Dews

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am glad he is voting at such a young age! And I love your layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...