Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Exploding Pyramid Box

I love to present gifts that are beautifully wrapped and decorated. The gorgeous Robin's Nest papers and embellishment are just the ticket for creating this striking exploding pyramid box.

For this exploding pyramid box I chose Robin's Nest Purple Flower and Glitter Purple Daisy and Swirl on Lavender papers.

I cut and scored each of the layers.
Next, I cut the excess away on each layer resulting in a four-pointed star.

I marked the center of each layer, pierced the mark, and joined the layers with a decorative brad. I added a square of decorative paper on the bottom to cover the back side of the brad.


Using the Crop-a-dile, I set an eyelet in the top point of each of the triangles in the outer layer. These eyelets added strength for threading the fine ribbon through the holes.

The last step was to adorn and embellish the outside of the pyramid box with Dew Drops. I used Men's, Daughter, and Champagne.


Now all I need is a special occasion to tuck a gift into this special presentation box.

You can see more projects on my Create & Craft blog.

Carole

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Super cute!! I am going to make one for a hostess gift! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

very pretty!

Robin said...

very cute.

Irit Shalom said...

What a wonderful idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...