Thursday, February 16, 2012

Butterfly Tiara and Cupcake liner

February 13th was my Birthday. :) It was a weekend - long celebration of crafting and a party on the day before. I made delicious cupcakes with butterfly's, of course! This cupcake liner was for my special Birthday cupcake. I used a Cricut Cartridge that does over 50 cupcake liners with matching toppers. The one above was made to mimic the tiara I made and wore at CHA. I used Silver Dew Drops, Blue Tear Drops, and Blue Mini-Dews.
Here are the cupcakes I made for everyone else. Same cartridge. For the toppers, I used a Sizzix butterfly die, a Martha Stewart butterfly punch, and a Swiss dots cuttle bug embossing folder. The cupcakes were lemon with raspberry jam in the center, topped with homemade whipped cream and dusted with powdered sugar.  They were delishes! I want to make the recipe one more time before I share it, but I'll be sure to do that soon! :)
For this Tiara that I made and wore at CHA, I ran The Robins Nest Glittered Chipboard through my big shot with the sizzix butterfly dies. I sandwiched heavy gauge galvanized wire inbetween the butterflies with strong tacky glue. I wrapped the tail end of the wire around the base of a blank tiara and then added beads and crystal hearts. I accented the butterflies with glitter glue, silver, white and pink dews and purple diamonds.

Here I am wearing it at CHA. And rthen I wore it again at my Birthday party. I just love it!
Feel free to stop by my blog for CHA re-caps. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You are super cute in this crown! Great job!

Robin said...

This is so YOU! Great idea!

Irit Shalom said...

Lovely project, can be done with kids too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...