Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wine Glass Shade

Robin’s Nest papers are so elegant!! When I first saw this gorgeous paper I just knew I had to use it to make a wine glass shade. There’s nothing like candlelight to add the right ambiance to transform an ordinary meal into a memorable experience. And wine glass lamps are just the ticket.
I used my Gazelle BossKut to cut out the shade pattern. Also, I inked the top and bottom edges with Colorbox Chestnut Road Fluid Chalk ink.
Cut Shade--Resized
On the reverse side of the shade, I marked every inch and used my Crop-a-dile to punch 1/8″ holes around the bottom edge. Next, I used a quick drying liquid adhesive to join the ends of the shade.
Crop-a-dile Border
Glued Shade
Diamond Drops Close-up
When that was complete dry I adhered Diamond Dew Drops along the bottom edge of the shade, spaced between the punched holes.


I love the play of light through the holes and twinkling of the Dew Drops!! Impossible for me to capture on film with my limited photographic skills, but take my work for it–it’s really neat. Here’s the finished project, ready for a romantic dinner :)
Finished Shade
Supplies used: Robin’s Nest Gold Glitter on Creme Swirl paper; Robin’s Nest Dove Dray Diamond Dew Drops; Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive; Colorbos Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk Inkpad
FYI: Safety always first--only use a battery operated tea light, no live flames.
You can see more of my projects on the Create & Craft site.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...