Friday, November 18, 2011

Turkey Elegance

This week for my project I thought to make a nice elegant lay out.
I started by cutting a large layout sized circle from Glitter Brown Rope. I covered the edges with pieces of strong double stick tape. Then I used a Recollections scalloped border punch on Getaway Swirl. I ran the scaollped strips through a Fiskars paper crimper attaching it to the edges of the layout in a ruffled pattern.
Next I used a Fiskars threading water border punch on the back side of Autumn Orange Fleur. I ran these thin strips through the paper crimper as well. I used thin strips of clear tape to secure the final ruffle in place.
I cut the floral design and turkey from Glittered Turkey with fine precision scissors and set aside. I layered a variety of  Glittered Chipboard Leaves  onto the layout with strong tacky glue. Then I inserted the floral design where needed. The center photo spot is made up from both sides of Gold on Creme. Once all the elements were in place, I attached the turkey with strong glue.
I embellished the turkey and floral design with a collection of colored glitter glues. Then I applied Tombo glue to the still exposed tape areas and filled in the spaces with Flame Dew Drops.
Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle Frae Cummings

7 comments:

Clare D. said...

Fabulous! I love the crimper used on the scalloped border in the circle! And that TRN turkey is fabulous!

Irit Shalom said...

Totally adorable!

Rachel said...

I love all the details! Awesome work!

Cheri said...

Very Nice. Thanks for linking up at Getting Cricky.
Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Jenscrapstoo said...

Very Lovely, cool idea!! Cheers jenscrapstoo

Jan Hennings said...

Lookin' good enough to eat :)

Lynda said...

Gorgeous project! I'm a new follower! Thanks for linking up with us at Getting Cricky!

RhoLynda
Getting Cricky JrDt
http://blossomingbutterflycreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...