Thursday, October 13, 2011

My favorite time of the year....coming quickly...

Ok, I admit it, I LOVE fall....it is my favorite season! And then, after Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday, Christmas!
So, I have been thinking Fall and Thanksgiving all week....and that is what I was working on...all week!
It is a utensil caddy! I picked it up at Walmart, just plain, green, wire, and .... ugly...so I started to think what I could do...
I took the Robin's Nest Glitter Leaf double sided paper  and trimmed it down to fit the sides. I kept the leaf paper on the long sides, and used the opposite side for the short ones.
I punched holes in the top and bottom corners and tied them with green raffia. I trimmed the ends short and on one side (the side that will be on display) I covered the holes with Chipboard leaves (and they are gorgeous! LOVE that they are edged with glitter).
I used the Gold Glitter Letter Stickers to put THANKFUL on a Glitter Gold Journaling Block. I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo to edge the journaling block.
I tied a piece of dyed seam binding to the top for a handle.
On the inside of the holder, I cut a piece of the  Glitter Leaf double sided CS and put it on the bottom (to be sure none of the silverware slides thru).
I used the striped side for the inside so no glitter would get on the utensils!
The best part? I can untie the raffia and attach Christmas patterned CS to the utensil holder after Thanksgiving!
Thanks for looking!
Kristin

4 comments:

Jan said...

such a pretty card and bag :)

Rachel said...

I love it! And I love the versatility of the box! Good job!

Robin said...

Very well done, makes me miss fall.

Irit Shalom said...

Love this project a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...