Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy Halloween Banner!


I love making banners for special occasions and holidays and knew The Robin's Nest papers would be perfect for a Halloween banner! So, I pulled out my stash and got cutting. I started with The Robin's Nest Glitter Purple Bats paper and cut the banner piece using my Cricut and SCAL 2, but you can cut these by hand as well! On top of that I layered a scalloped circle cut with the Mini Mongrams cartridge, but there are many punches available. The next layer is the Tim Holtz rosette die, cut in The Robin's Nest Polka Dot/Stripe paper. I like to glue rosettes with my low temp glue gun and use a plain circle on the back side first. This first step holds all the folds in place, but I find it difficult to center the circle perfectly. So, I alway use the scalloped circle cut with the die to glue on top of the rosette afterward. This allows me to center it perfectly and adds stability to the rosette.


I then punched 1 1/2" white circles and inked the edges with purple ink to repeat the purple in the glitter bats paper. I punched The Robin's Nest Glittered Chipboard in Lime green with a scalloped circle and set it off center. I hoped it looked a bit eyeballish this way! On the final layer, I used the Typewriter alphabet my Paper Pizazz. I loved the foggy look to these.


I have displayed my title in two layers to separate the words "Happy" and "Halloween", but you could also string them together adding a motif in the middle and hang it across a mantle. I would love to find the time to add a spiderweb in the middle of this one!


Below is a picture off all of my layers from left to right, starting at the top of the stack and working down to the bottom. All of the letters were then punched at the top with a Family Treasures punch I have had forever. I then threaded my ribbon through with a big embroidery needle.

Supplies:
The Robin's Nest Glittered Purple Bat Paper
The Robin's Nest Halloween Polka Dot/Stripe

The Robin's Nest Lime Green Glittered Chipboard

Orange Card Stock

White Card Stock

Cricut Mini Monogram

Paper Pizazz Typerwriter Alphabet

Ribbon

Slotted border punch

Scal 2 (optional)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Very cute! I love Halloween decorations!

Robin said...

One of my favorite posts yet, This is wonderful work, thanks for the time this took to make, I want one at my house!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...