Friday, October 21, 2011

Card Making with The Robin's Nest and Viva Las Vegas Stamps!


This month The Robin's Nest Designers are having a product swap with Viva Las Vegas Stamps. I really like that you are offered a variety of mounting options from Viva Las Vegas. Some of us stampers are un-mounting all of our wooden mount stamps to make room for more. I use acrylic blocks and love that I can get un-mounted stamps and adhesive cling from Viva Las Vegas at great prices! I used The Robin's Nest paper and embellishments and three of the Viva Las Vegas Stamps for cards to share today!
The first card is made with The Robin's Nest Little Girl Crown Paper. I used the striped side with some pink organza ribbon as a band on top of the crown side. The frame is cut with brown card stock using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and then embellished with The Robin's Nest Dew Drops. The stamp is a Viva Las Vegas Stamp called Fan Lady on a Balloon. I pleated the stripe side of The Robin's Nest Little Girl Crown paper and stamped on top, then cut the bustle
and glued a bit of some micro pom pom trim under neath. I colored the image a bit using my blending pen and some pink ink. The sentiment is from K. Andrews Designs called Fashionable Friends. To make the banner, I just cut a strip of paper, stamped my sentiment to the right, trimmed the notch and softly pleated it a bit.

The second card is also made with The Robin's Nest Little Girl Crown Paper! I wanted to show both sides of the paper. So, I cut scallops on the inside of the circle and folded them back.
The Robin's Nest pink dew drops are used to accent the scallops. The sewing machine is by Viva Las Vegas and is called Singer Sewing Machine 2 1/2 x 2 1/2. The sentiment on this card is by Clear Art Stamps from the Sew Special Set. I added some sewing trim from the stash (I think from Joanns), and a stripe of The Robin's Nest Little Girl Crown Paper on top.
My final card is made with The Robin's Nest Winter Snowflake and Glitter Snowflake Stripe papers. The stamp is Viva Las Vegas Steampunk Christmas Tree. I used the Winter Snowflake navy sweater side for the background and fussy cut a snowflake from the snowflake side. I stamped an extra tree and fussy cut one circle out to stamp "Joy" on. The sentiments are from a Close to My Heart for which I have lost the name, but it is in the newest catalog. To tie all of my items together, I used some turquoise Stickles to embellish the tree, and snowflakes. The white snowflake is made with a McGill punch and The Robin's Nest Precious Girl Diamond Dew Drops. I used the same banner technique and added three of the Precious Girl Diamond Dew Drops!

6 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

great cards and love the frame in the top one :)

Rachel said...

These are adorable!! I live the snowflake card, the others are cute too!

Lyneen said...

Beautiful cards. The Robins Nest papers work well with the Viva Las Vegas Stamps! Love how you framed the top two images!

Stampo said...

Great cards... I'm glad you're enjoying your Viva Las Vegastamps!

Robin said...

Too cute, well done!!!!!

Irit Shalom said...

Great use of Viva stamps- love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...