Friday, September 23, 2011

Storing Your School Memorabilia


If you save school memorabilia like I do, you may be looking for a place to store it! I save report cards, awards, ISAT results, school ids and more! I needed a page that would be cool enough for my first year middle schooler and knew The Robin's Nest would have the perfect boy paper! This page was adapted from a page in the Creating Keepsakes Summer 2011 issue.

I used the Boy Dot and Stripe paper, and added some neutral papers from my stash to make the blue papers pop. The stash papers are unlabeled and so old I am not sure who made the, but you can add any neutral to the Dot Stripe and get this great look! I cut rectangles for pockets and then cut a half circle out of the paper to help distinguish the pocket and it works so well with The Robin's Nest Dot/Stripe! To adhere the pockets and leave room for my memorabilia, I sewed my pockets to the page. If you don't have a sewing machine, consider using foam tape to make room for all the items.

I cut my title with The Robin's Nest Glittered Chipboard in Brown. I used my SCAL2 and a font called Baskerville Old Face. The words "Card", "Awards" and "ISAT" are all The Robin's Nest Glittered Alphabet. More masculine touches with The Paper Lofts License Plate stickers in the words "Report" and "ID". I cut the six border on the left using the Cricut Graphically speaking cartridge and Creative Imaginations corrugated paper. It did not cut well in the Cricut, but I liked the distressed look for this page! Below you can see how the page would look filled with memorabilia.


Supply List
Tim Holtz Ruler Ribbon
The Paper Loft License Plate Alphabet
Cricut Graphically Speaking Cartridge
Cricut Imagine More Art Cartridge (notebook paper)
Neutral Cardstock
Creative Imaginations Corrugated Cardstock
Thread

4 comments:

Jan said...

love this...so many pockets!

Rachel said...

This is soo cute! I have so many art projects that I have kept, along with the awards, letters, etc. Good idea!

Lisa M said...

Ohhh, this is SOOO much better than the box I have in the closet! Brilliant creativity...love this!
Hugs,
Lisa xx
Thanks so much also for your very kind comment on my blog. You made my day! :D

Robin said...

Brilliant!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...