Sunday, September 11, 2011

Star notebook for a star student

Hello , dear ROBIN'S friends! Irit is here with my monthly altered project.  September is our first month of school (not colleges, there our student study from the end of October, but till July).
So it was just right to think about some school related project, also  my kids are college students or graduated from..
So it was just a cute, but probably useless project. I decided to drop the apple and to concentrate on stars. as all students are some kind of stars, even if they are just starring in a school play..

So here it is- small notebook, covered with Robin's nest Mouse Circle cardstock, just in perfect colors. I used EK border punch to make some notebook border and added a torn note paper under it for the contrast.
3 groups of 4 stars were die cut from RED, BLUE AND YELLOW chipboards and mixed to 3d stars, using mini glue dots. Then some of them were covered with golden Dew Drop from Mocha Trail set.
I still had one big yellow star left, so I glued it inside the cover. Some non Robin's Nest product were added fro small finishing touches: EK Owl sticker, 2 brads, small handmade tag and my very own hand made from  tooth picks pencils. I cut one side to stright cut, painted them with acrylics and painted the point with the same color. Look on them- they are just perfect smallest possible pencils ever.


As this project needs a closure , I decided to add to wood  laundry pins and to decorate them with Robin's Nest Dew Drops:  golden ones from Mocha Trail set and  Pearl ones from Early Dawn set.
The pins can be used for whatever other need we have.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

Awesome tutorial! You can use this for much more than school! I would use it for me!

Tenny Kusuma said...

This is totally cool project and it's so adorable. LOVE it Irit! TFS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...