Saturday, September 3, 2011

Monogram Necklace and a Fun Technique

Hello Chattering Robin's Fans! Jan here with a project that is sure to make gift giving easy, affordable and personal. I've used Robin's Nest, Brick Fat Plaid for the paper and "j" monogram.
Here's how to make your own.
1.) Cut out the desired letter.

2.) Center it on a piece of dark cardstock. Glue the letter on the Fat Plaid paper.

3.) Apply a generous layer of hot glue on the letter. Extending the glue a couple of inches out.

4.) Apply a clear piece of a packaging sheet over the hot glue. (The clear envelopes that rub-ons and scrapbook kit come in. Using a rolling pin, immediately roll over the monogram piece until you're reached the desired thickness.


(NOTE: I used a Tim Holtz, Sizzix die. Thin dies don't work well for this because of the thickness.)
5.) Center the flower die over the monogram and diecut.


6.) Punch a hole at the top of the flower.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this! I would never have thought of it!

Clare D. said...

What a wonderful project! I love my hot glue gun & now I can do one more thing with it!

Becky Conley said...

Very cool!

beadz said...

Cool technique, Jan!
hugs,
Gini

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...