Thursday, September 8, 2011

Festive Christmas "Card" Blog Hop!

Time for another "Festive" Christmas card!
When I first glanced at The Robins Nest Glitter White Trees paper,
I instantly thought of a vintage glass ornament.
So hence, I was inspired to make this card.
I traced the drinking end (of a plastic) cup twice onto the paper,
then traced the the other end once.
Next I trimmed one of the 2 same sized circles
a bit smaller than the first.
Then I frayed the edges with this paper distresser.
I simply adhered each circle on top of each other leaving room
for the ornament crown (rebellious red glitter cardstock) and wire hook.
I made the wire hook from floral wire
and taped the end under the last circle to keep in in place.
I topped off the ornament with a silver glittered snowflake chipboard piece
and finished the card with a length of snazzy red bric-a-brac.
The paper and snowflake to make the ornament can be found at The Robins Nest!
Be sure to hop around and visit all the blogs.
Many of them are hosting fabulous giveaways too!

13 comments:

Cheryl LIndsay said...

Adorable!

Becky Conley said...

lovely layers!

beadz said...

Love your distressing!
hugs,
Gini

Rachel said...

This is sooo cute! I love what you did with the upside down trees!

chuy said...

great idea!

Carol's World said...

Great idea, must try, TFS :))

A Creative Journey said...

What a great idea to use circles! Never thought of that! TFS! I am a follower and a friend and would be honored if you would check out my blog at http://acreativejourneywithmelissa.blogspot.com and become a follower if you aren't already :) Have a great weekend!

Amanda said...

Great card love the paper :)

Crystal said...

Fabulous ornament and sooo creative!!!

Terri Sproul said...

love the layers you did

leslierahye said...

LOVE this! Very fun! I've a big fan of layers and this looks like a great card to do!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Yolonda said...

I love the layers of the card.

Lyneen said...

Such a cute idea for an ornament... TFS!!!! love the hop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...