Friday, August 5, 2011

Up-Cycled Dew Drop Holder


I wanted to make something snazzy to hold my Dew Drops. To keep them contained but close enough that I could use them any time with out searching high and low in my studio clutter.
So I made this.
I re-purposed something was part of the packaging from our new printer.
I painted the outside and part of the inside with white acrylic paint. Once dry I glued on these wavy strips of Aquamarine glitter card stock, made using a Fiskars wave border punch.
For the inside bottom of the box, I glued Blue Awning Glitter cardstock. Then to add Oceanic whimsy, I Mod Podged teal glitter tissue paper into the creases inside the box.
For the rest of the box, I created a broken china effect with Red Swirl Glitter cardstock,
Teal Glitter paper, Red Dew Drops, and the Cotton Candy Dew Drops- to which I used white, silver and pearl drops.
I used mod podge to place all the broken china like pieces inside and out side the box. Then gave it two coats of the mod podge. Once dry and not sticky to touch, I used TomBo to glue on the dew drops. If you liked this design, you can see another here, a pretty little bird house with the same broken china pattern. :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

This is sooo cute!

beadz said...

Your Dew Drops looks so pretty all arranged together. Great idea!
hugs,
Gini

Clare D. said...

So glad someone else has as many as I do! Now, to find the time to organize!

Irit Shalom said...

Fantastic latered project! Need to try one too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...