Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Toadally Awesome Card

I had so much fun making this card. I adore the frog stickers from The Robin's Nest. I started by cutting a 5 1/2" x 10 1/2" piece of cardstock and scoring it at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 4 1/4", 6" and 8 1/4" and folding it by using the mountain valley folds technique. I cut out the frogs and lily pads and layed them aside. Next, I cut a 4 1/2" x 1"piece of Light Grey Watercolor Hammered paper and adhered it to the front fold. I, then, used the green velvet ribbon from The Robin's Nest and cut a piece to fit the width of the card and glued it on. I cut a small piece of the watercolor paper and rounded the corners and put the "toadally awesome" sticker on it. I, then, adhered one of the blue Sea Glass Tear Drops to it and adhered the message over the ribbon. I put the frog on and 3 of the Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drops under the frog to look like he was sitting on the rocks. After that, I punched the waves on using a border punch and the Blue Raspberry Glittered Cardstock from The Robin's Nest and put it on the second fold of the card. Lastly, I cut a 5" x 2" piece of the Light Grey Watercolor Hammered Paper and adhered it to the last fold. I placed the large frog and lily pads onto the corners and used some more Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drops and Dew Dew Glue to put in between the two stickers to represent rocks. I have been so excited to share this card with all of you and hope that you will jump on over to The Robin's Nest to get the items to make one yourself and while you are there be sure to check out all of the great products the store carries!

Robin's Nest Products Used:
Velvet Ribbon
Frog Stickers
Sea Glass Tear Drops
Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drops
Blue Raspberry Sorbet Glittered Cardstock
Dew Dew Glue
Light Grey Watercolor Hammered Paper



8 comments:

Jan said...

Toadally awesome is right...how cute!

Jan said...

Toadally awesome is right...how cute!

beadz said...

Those frogs are so cute!
hugs,
Gini

artistamyjo said...

I love the frogs.I collect frog things and have one I named Fernando in our Koi pond. Hugs

Pat said...

Cool card. Thanks for the tutorial too.

Clare D. said...

I am always struggling to come up with cards for boys and men so thanks for this idea!

Irit Shalom said...

Wonderful card!

Rachel said...

I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...