Saturday, August 13, 2011

Great Looks for Less!














Did you know that you can make great looks for less with The Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Rubons and your salad packaging? I love salad and purchase one that comes in a plastic box. I save the tops and reuse them in my paper crafting for great looks for less. Just remove the sticker, wash the lid and use Undo to remove any sticker residue. Trim off the lip of the lid and your ready to use it. I am not sure of how acid free they are so, don't use them on top of your photos or underneath your photos.

Apply The Robin's Nest rubons to the salad packaging and carefully trim around the rubon, bend up the dragonfly wings. Use a dries clear glue and a transparent glitter such as Art Glitter Spring Green Ultrafine Transparent glitter and the rubon shows through. You get the same look as Mother Nature does!

I then ran this lid through my die cut machine using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die. I cut 2 of the larger flower and 1 of the smaller flower. Be sure to bend the pieces first and then add the alcohol ink so it will not rub off. I used Tim Holtz's Raspberry alcohol ink. I assembled the 3 pieces with glue dot and then added The Robin's Nest Dew Drops in Summer and Fresh Mowed Grass. Below are photos of the finished flower and some of the pieces before assembly.



I used more dew drops in the centers of paper flowers from the Lovebirds and Flame Dew Drops in the lip gloss packaging. More flowers were created using The Robin's Nest Glittered Chipboard in Practically Pink, cut with same die as above. I also added the castle from the Princess Chipboard, and the title is Princess Glitter Words, all by The Robin's Nest. The patterned card stock is The Robin's Nest Fleur Tropicana.

Supply List










Salad Packaging or other packaging

Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die

Tim Holtz Raspberry Alcohol Ink by Ranger

Art Glitter Spring Green Ultrafine Transparent Glitter

Prima Flowers

7 comments:

Terri Sproul said...

OMG, I am so stealing this idea for the flowers!!!! and your layout is amazing too...

Rachel said...

I cannot believe you used plastic! I live to recycle! Awesome idea and great layout!

beadz said...

What a fun flower! Looks great!
hugs,
Gini

Jan said...

Great LO and love the flowers!

Becky Conley said...

I LOVE those flowers!! TFS

Irit Shalom said...

Love the project- but you need bigger photos for it!

Peg said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing. I want to try some soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...