Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cherry Blossom Altered Frame with Irit

Hello my dear Robin's friends!  Irit is here with my second post for August and this time it's not a lo.. For a change...
This is my very first altered project using Robin's Nest products, but for sure not the last…


The very frugal Ikea frame was my base, covered with Black Glitter cardstock. Then I made 2 inside layers with Red on Red Rope Glitter  cardstock and Glitter  Black and White  Border Swirl one. Now I did my first experiment: I never stamped over any glittered cardstock and was not sure what kind of ink to use, so I decided to be on the safe side and used Black Stazon I was pretty sure will fit any surface and so it was.. The stamp set used here is TPC Studios Cherry Blossom one and I stamped over White on White  glitter cardstock inner panel.4 single stamped images were made too.
For the next step I embellished my cherry blossoms with Robin's Nest Dew drops using pink small circle drops from Flame bottle. Single  stamped images were hand cut and adhered over the frame on the lower right corner.
All my blossoms were painted with Clearsnap  Smootch paints- pink and pearl white and this was my second experiment- to paint over the glitter cardstock. And again- it works with this kind of paint. All inside panels were also inked with red Colorbox ink and adhered one over another with foam glue dots- 3 layers of them.
Now the frame embellishment:


I used 1/4'' Wonder Tape for my adhesive here as it was a perfect fit for 2 layers of diamond Dew Drops from Ace of Diamonds set, also I don't  have any more reds for the future use- LOL. To cover the naked glue left, I just sprinkled a bit of a Stardust  fine glitter, just the same as on the black cardstock, lucky me - I had in my stash.
3 butterflies were die- cut from black, red and black and white cardstocks we used before
 with  Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Small Butterfly die and embellished with Gold dew drops  from Mocha Trail bottle.
 I adhered the butterflies pure randomly, also one was glued to cover some stamping mistake- you always can cover your stamping mistakes using some embellishment over it.
The faux hand stitch was added and then I made a green wire  spring and tied it around the single blossoms over the frame.
My home deco frame is done and can be displayed in my messy (you don't want to see it) craft room.
You can do this project with other flowers too- pre-made, hand cut, another dies cuts . Try it- it is a fun and easy project to craft.It's even the project you can do  with your kids- not 4 years olds, but still ...

5 comments:

Clare D. said...

This is gorgeous! I love the use of the diamonds on the edges too!

Jan said...

This is beautiful and love the dew drop blossoms!

Rachel said...

I love this! It is very eligant!

beadz said...

Your frame turned out really cool!
hugs,
Gini

Robin said...

Great idea for useage of the diamond drops, thinking outside of the box makes the product so wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...