Thursday, August 25, 2011

Check this out!!!

So, I know I am late today...so sorry everyone...I had a bit of trouble with the medium I was using this week for this project...
This is the before pic...
Please, don't mind my "creative" mess...
I sanded the entire piece to rough up the stained finish. Then I basecoated it with Metallic Blue paint. I wanted a crackle finish....never tried crackle medium before...and it really is a learning experience...unfortunately, this is why I was late posting. I basecoated, painted the medium on, painted the light blue on top, and waited...let it dry...waited for the crackle....and it didn't crackle. ARGH!!! Lesson learned (after 2 tries): put the crackle medium on pretty thick. Make sure all paint is dry before applying medium. Make sure medium is dry before applying top coat of paint. Crackle occurs as this paint dries...ok, back to the project at hand.
I modpodged Glitter Snowflake Stripe from The Robin's Nest onto the bottom.
I used Precious Boy Diamond Dew Drops to make snowflakes on each side of the piece, inside and out.


Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my project!
Kristin

6 comments:

Clare D. said...

I love this idea! Will be getting out The Robin's Nest for more holiday decorating!

Irit Shalom said...

Lovely project! Thanks for reminding ne that we all have those plates for ages and can alter them.

Robin said...

Love the dew drop snowflakes, the paper looks great on this project,

Peg said...

That is so pretty! Great idea!

Rachel said...

VERY ADORABLE!

beadz said...

What a fabulous altered project!
hugs,
Gini

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...