Saturday, July 2, 2011

Reflections of Grandpa: A Mirrored Frame

Hello friends!  Jan here with my very first post for  the Chattering Robin's.  I have to say it is such a pleasure to design for such a great manufacture!   I'll show you the steps so you can make your very own mirrored frame. The picture in the frame is of my Grandpa who was 91.  The sentiment seemed to fit perfectly and I love the message.
Step 1
Start with a mirrored frame and remove the mirror.





Measure photo you'd like to add and sand only the area the photo will be exposed.  I use a water or dry sandpaper so I can keep the sand dust down.






Clean the surface of the front and back of the mirror and apply the sentiment to the front of the mirror.  Add swirls to the top of the frame.







Using double sided tape, adhere the photo to the back of the mirror.  Center the photo in the area you have sanded.


Diecut the flowers using "Girl Swirl Stripe".   Add dimensional foam in between layers.
Supplies used:
Viva la France Rub-on's, Girl Swirl Stripe cardstock, Dew Drops, Hyacinth (Robin's Nest), 8" x 6.5" mirrored frame, Hot Glue Gun and Melt Sticks (Glue Arts), HCD 701 Die (Heartfelt Creations), sand paper, photo.





5 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so excited about this! I took a picture of both of my grandmas about a year ago! I have been trying to figure out what to do with their pic, I love it so much! This is a wonderful project!

Terri Sproul said...

OMG... this is amazing... great job..

Clare D. said...

I love this idea! I had no idea, I could alter an mirror, and I so love the CR swirls!

Peg said...

I love this! Terrific idea! Thanks for sharing how to do it.

beadz said...

I love how this mirror turned out - it's really cool.
hugs,
Gini

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...