Monday, July 4, 2011

Altered Box



I'm SO EXCITED! This is my very first Robin's Nest Design Team post!
I created a mixed media keepsake box using Dew Drops. Although they come in an amazing color assortment, sometimes I just love their shapes. Dew drops will accept mediums such as alcohol inks, gel mediums and acrylic.

I placed them in a pattern and then sprayed the entire box cover with primer, then painted with metallic acrylic paint, adding texture with a brush. The symbol in the center is a brass charm.


8 comments:

Jan said...

I love the different color of dew drops, too...but your idea to prime and paint is awesome!

Terri Sproul said...

love this idea. Great way to think out of the box.. LOL
But really love it..

Tenny Kusuma said...

This is just such an awesome project. TFS.

Rachel said...

I love the 3-d!

Irit Shalom said...

Great box and a tutorial! What can I say- I love the Dew drops colored.. Still fantastic project

Bambi Pro said...

This is a fantastic box. Love, love, love it.

Peg said...

This is really pretty! TFS.

beadz said...

I love the way you altered this - it turned out great!
hugs,
Gini

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...