Saturday, July 30, 2011

Falling in love with fall

Hello!  My name is Irit and  this is my very first post here as a DT member.  I decided to do  a lo this time, as I am mostly a scrapper, but there are a lot of techinques used here and  everyone can find the one they  love and to use it on OTP projects or cards too.
For a long  period of time I wanted to use this "Falling in love with fall"  title and to add " with you" for my dear hubby,  but I didn't find any fall  photo  that fitted this title.  Then I found a good photo of him and after my  Robin's Nest DT box came,  it was like " BINGO" for this title.  So here it is- my fall love page.


First of all I made a hand cuts around this glittery Autumn  Leaf  Paper- keep the inside for the future use. Then I glued the light yellow  Tropicana Fleur patterned paper behind.  Now the big circle was cut from the inside piece of cardstock we kept from the previous step, actually there were 2 circles made and adhered- one for the title and one as my photo matting, using both sides of them.  I trimmed the 4*5 photo to the size I wanted and my basic page was done.
 Now the real fun begins: embellishing is my  very favorite step and I feel free to do whatever I want  when I do it.
First I  made some dry embossing with the Woodgrain CLD embossing folder, then made some free cut trees of  this dry-embossed paper- the brown cardstock used here was the leftovers from the circles we did before- I always try to be frugal with my stash. Then I die cut some scalloped inverted circles and  some regular circles using my CLD dies and Robin's Nest glitter chipboards in yellowlime  and brown  colors and made  both trees, using 3D foam glue.



 Some clouds were die cut using a Bubble die and inked them a bit with blue ink to get some mute color and glued with the same 3d foams.


The picket fence was die cut  from  yellow Glitter Daisy Honeykomb   paper as well,  glued over the trees and.painted with Ranger White Fence crackled paint for this old vintage look. I know, the daisy side  of this paper is just gorgeous, but I needed some wide stripes here, and I just used a small piece of this paper for this project.
Last, but not the least, I die cut some fall leaves  and glued them randomly under the photo, using Robin's Nest Olive Fleur On the Linen paper, but as it was too bright, I decided to  add some distress inks and by the way I inked the glitter trees as well.
Now  it was a title time and as you can see I did it with mixed alphas, using some old Prima chipboard alphas with some less old  MLS mini  alphas and added the Fall from the Robin's Nest Fall rub- on set.
 The fall leaves from the same set were the perfect add- ons over the photo. But after all this was done the F letter from the rub- on set was not so visible- so I added another foam letter from AC foam set and now  the title was all done.


The nest step was to add the Dew Drops and  Tear  Drops, and as you can see they were just perfect over the trees and around the clouds. 4  sets were used here: Sunflower Seeds  Tear drops over the largest tree, Christmas Tree Tear Drops over the medium tree, Mocha Trail Dew Drops over the last tree; then Early Down Dew Drops were added over the clouds.
And as I can't see too much " white space",  even if it's yellow this time, I added this cute chipboard bird on the branch (Tando Creative ) and glittered it with Ranger glitter glues. The bird's eye is  this small brown Dew Drop and a bit of a black paint on it- you can use Enamel paints over our plastic drops without any  extra glue- it just sticks and stays there forever.
And now for my special tricks here:  The mini alphas are not so adhesive after all, so I just made a thin line of Ranger Glossy Accents  over the words and let it dry a bit. I also used this glaze to glue all Drops and Tears on this page- maybe not so frugal, but the best glue for the plastic shapes after all
So here is this page summary: Hand cuts, distressing with a nail and inks, die cutting, 3d layering, mixing alphas, using rub- ons over the photos, dry embossing, covering the bare chips- lots of simple and useful techniqies on one single page done.
And as this is a time for scrapping fall pages- grab yoursef a few Robin's Nest cardstocks, glitter chipboards, some fall rub- ons and a lot of Dew Drops and Tear Drops and you  can do fantastic pages in no time!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I love all of the different techniques. The special "gluing" is an excellent idea! What a wonderful page! Good job!

Terri Sproul said...

great idea and a wonderful layout..

beadz said...

What a fun layout, Irit!
hugs,
Gini

Clare D. said...

What a great idea to high light your loved one! I love the look of a high end embellishment you got by adding the dew drops!

Susan said...

I love this layout and to be honest It is too hard to pick any certain one there all great!! Love the wooden letter procects from the Scrapbook Shoppe!! thanks for all your good stuff here!!

Rachel said...

The wood letters are awesome! Thanks Cheryl for letting us help you!

Jan said...

love this LO and the little picket fence is so sweet!

Sandra said...

Your craft is so beautiful!

Sandra :)

Robin said...

Wow, I love all the embellishments, very nice layout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...