Friday, July 15, 2011

Create Mini Stained Glass Decorations with Dew Drops!


I don't know about you, but I just LOVE The Robins nest Dew Drops!
They come in all shapes and sizes and plenty of mouth watering colors!
Recently, in the studio, the light from the window came in and hit these bottles in just the right way, inspiring me to make these stained glass beauties!

To get started, you'll need an assortment of Dew Drops.
I used:
Sunset
Sea Glass
Pointsettia
Precious Girl
Mowed Grass
Strong adhesive that dries clear and won't come undone if the window gets hot from outside sun.
(I used clear tacky glue)
Small hole punch, scissors, transparent thread, suction cups.
Clear product packaging.

Cut pieces from clear packaging.

If you are unsure what design to do, trace the packaging on to paper and draw a simple design underneath to use as a template.

Apply your adhesive and add the dew drops. Here I experimented with Tombo glue which does not dry as clear as I would have liked.

So for the rest I coated the entire packaging piece with clear adhesive and just played around with the colors of the Dew Drops.

I like how the glue dried with little bubbles. Reminds me of blown glass.

Thanks for coming by and see you next week!

7 comments:

mom2fivekiddos said...

Love these Michelle! Now you have got my mind going!!! Can't wait to have some time this weekend to play with my dew drops!

Peg said...

I love this! What a great idea.

Irit Shalom said...

Fantastic projects! Love it on acrylic a lot!

Joanne said...

Oh I bet that the reflection from the sun shining through the glass is lovely. Thank you for sharing!
Joanne
Found your site on the Sure Cuts a Lot Users.

Rachel said...

This is a wonderful idea!

Clare D. said...

Oh, I have been saving my salad packaging for green crafting and now I know exactly what to do with them! Thanks!

beadz said...

What a fun idea for Dew Drops!
hugs,
Gini

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...