Friday, July 29, 2011

Cool off this Summer with a festive fan and pretty Hair Comb!

Summer days are upon us and what better way to enjoy it than with a festive fan and pretty hair comb! For the base of the fan, I used a flat piece of wood that was part of a broken window shade. A paint stir stick would also work great.
The supplies and materials I used to make this fan and hair comb are as follows:
Red Sorbet Glitter paper
Glitter Leaf paper
Poinsetta, Mowed Grass, and Hyacinth dew drops
Dragonfly rubons
Chipboard heart
Threading water punch by Fiskars
Copper, green and crystal glitter glue
1 blank hair comb
Tombo adhesive and foam tape.
I basically cut out the pretty shapes and patterns on the glitter leaf paper and arranged them on the comb and fan. Overlapping to make it interesting and using the tombo and foam tap where needed.

I hope you like my creations and are inspired to make your own!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

You always have the most unique ideas. I wish I thought like you, but am thankful that you share!!

Clare D. said...

I never thought of embellishing a hair comb with my scrap supplies. What a great idea!

Michelle Cummings said...

Glad to be of some help! :)

Jan said...

So cute and creative!

beadz said...

Love the haircombs - very creative!
hugs,
Gini

Robin said...

The comb is one of my favorites I have seen so far, what a gret idea, and I love how you have used the leaves in such an unconventional way. Great job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...